How do you enter a patient co-pay paid at the time of service and give the patient a receipt?
Here are the steps for adding a patient co-pay from PracticeAdmin Billing Manager.
Note- Currently you cannot add a patient co-pay from the PracticeAdmin Scheduling Manager.
1. From PracticeAdmin Billing Manager in the upper left corner click on Practice Management dropdown list.
2. Go to Accounting, and then click on Patient Payments.
3. A small box will pop up, click New and enter the patient payment details.
4. Click print receipt on saving if you want to print a receipt for the patient.
5. Click Enter DOS if the claim has not been entered. If the claim has been entered you can use the Select Claim option.
6. Select from Posting Option, apply to claim if possible if you want the payment to automatically post to the claim once the claim is entered. Post to claim as unapplied if you want the payment to post to the claim as an unapplied payment. Post as unapplied-do not post to claim, when you want the payment to post to the patients account to be applied manually later.
7. Select the reason that most closely matches the unapplied payment reason. In most instances it will be a prepayment.
8. Make sure to click save when you have completed entering the payment details.