User Guide - EDI Portal - Claim Status Inquiry
User Guide for Claim Status Inquiry feature of the EDI Portal
- Real-time connections – Users receive responses back usually within five seconds.
- Access to over 200 payers – Includes many major commercial carriers, BC/BS, andMedicaid plans. (Medicare is not currently participating.)
- One-click transmission – No data entry. System automatically identifies whatinformation is needed and sends it to the payer.
- Saved responses – Saved for the life of the claim on the EDI Portal website.
- Monitor claim status inquiries – Advanced monitoring allows clients to track sent claimstatus inquiries.
EDI Portal Overview
Search Claim History Lookup any patient, submission dates, or date of service to see if your claim has been accepted by the carrier or rejected and why. Many carriers will accept an acknowledgment of acceptance from claims status as proof of timely ...
EDI Portal Enrollment Status
You can find this information by following these steps: Click on the Claims Tab Click on EDI Portal Hover over the "My Account" tab to the right of the page. Select "Manage Practices" Click the " View Enrollment Status" tab to the left of the screen ...
User Guide - Billing Manager - Claims
Billing Manager Claims In this section, we will discuss entering claim information into the Billing Manager. IMPORTANT Navigation within the Billing Manager application to move from one field to the next works best by hitting Tab on the keyboard. The ...
User Guide - Billing Applet - Setup
User Guide for setting up the Billing applet
Billing Applet Claim Status Codes
claim_status_codes from Billing Applet as of 2012-09-05 status description 0 Pre-Released 1 Released 2 EDI - Processing 3 EDI Claim Errors 4 System Errors 5 Submitted by EDI 6 Submitted by mail 7 Paid 8 Pending 9 For Review 10 Old (Txfer/Resub/W-O) ...