To add a new insurance payer to your practice insurance list:
From the Settings tab > Insurance tab:
1. Click on Settings > Insurance tab.
2. Click on the Add Insurance hyperlink.
3. In the Insurance Plan Lookup tool, search by PO Box (number only) or Street Address (number only) and click Search. View any items generated in the search to find the plan that matches best, and click Select Plan. Any fields that do not match can be edited once you've added that plan.
If you cannot locate the plan, meaning no results are returned, click the button on the bottom right, "Add New
4. Please enter the payer name, address, phone number, and payer ID (for EDI claims).
5. Once you click OK, you will see a pop-up box that your request has been sent in for validation. Please note, if you request to add a new plan when it is already in the master list, you will be advised to search again. We try to eliminate duplicates in the master list.
The PracticeAdmin Support team will then verify the information and notify you via email once validation is complete.
After you receive the validation email from the support department, please follow these steps to update your insurance list in Billing Manager.
1. In Billing Manager, click Refresh from the main menu.
2. Click Insurances to update the insurance list.
3. The new plan will be listed in the drop-down menu under Patient Demographics.